• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i am looking into taking my nephew out antelope hunting.what is the best county? harding,perkins,butte. or is there a better county? i see on the gamefish and parks web site that there is not a lot of non resident liscenes available but you can buy left overs and there seemed to be a lot left over.and there seemed to be a lot of walk-in land.so i would guess finding a place to hunt would not be a problem.any help would be great.i just want to take this kid out and have a good time all he wants to do is hunt and fish.and has a dead beat dad that wants nothing to do with him for that matter his mother is not a lot better.so any help to make this go smooth would be helpful

ya i would be open to that.the only thing is he turns 12 in nov.and south dakota considers you 12 if your birthday is in that calender year.do you know if wyoming is the same? what does a non-resident lic cost? when is the season? and when do you have to apply by? how far into wyoming? thanks for your help

well heres what i found out, from what i understand is you have to be 12, i dont know if you can turn 12 during the year if that works or not. but anyways:

youth tag: $124.00

adult tag: $286.00

you can shoot buck or doe depending on your hunt area and possibly bye over the counter tags on top of your other tags real reasonable.

hunt area 1-5 season is: oct. 1 -nov. 20

the earlier in the season usally better suscess.

application period is:

jan. 1 - mar. 15

drawing is july 3

results july 10

all hunters born after 1965 must have passed a hunters education course.

wyoming game and fish service hotline is (307)-777-4600

give them a call, they can also get you in touch with a land owners list, and on the list will be peoples number and what they allow you to hunt and there hunting area. i recommend private land, prices for private land is from $20 to over $500

we will be headed to the newcastle area, have hunted by huelet but got to expensive.

i think you can find a good area just across the border

landowners list is key.

hope this helps

p.s. i think a first time hunter would have a great chance at a buck, early on in the season.

All the counties you mention will work fine. Plenty of lopes and land. My advice is take the wife out there on a vacation for two/scouting trip. Worked for me. Find some places to start anf start hiking. There should be a thread about how its done if you have more questions. I butchered my last one on the spot like it was discussed in that thread. Thats the way to do it beleive me.