• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battery Indicator Light

pickerel hunter

So here's my issue:

2004.5 Polaris 500 Sportsman battery light on when in High Range but seems to be fine when in Low range. Now with winter, while plowing the light is constantly on even while in Low range. I know it takes some juice to run the plow, plus hand warmers and throttle warmer (nice add on by the way - especially if you're ice fishing 5+ miles up on LOW) and I am running into not enough battery to finish plowing my driveway and etc...I shut off the accesories and still run into short battery life. Any ideas on what the problem is? Is this a do-it-myself thing, and yeah I am fairly handy no matter what the Ms. says.

Thanks FMers'

Thanks Roofer...This was a new battery, installed this year anyway. Something is a miss, like the battery isn't getting charged or else..the battery was a piece of s$#% to begin with. I will have to thaw out the wheeler and start to inspect. I gotta be careful, I am not good at putting things back in one piece. ha

While the machine is running, measure the voltage across the battery. Should be about 13.5 volts. If you suspect the battery, since it's pretty new, bring it back to where ya bought it.

I have the same problems with my 2004. I think the Polaris charging system is no good. I don't even try to use my hand warmers while plowing anymore. Running the winch and the headlights is about all it can handle.