• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Break-in??

Gofishleech

for break in, mix your gas 50-1 to 100-1, this is with oil injection. do this for the first tank of gas. vary your speeds often, and do not run it wide open for more than a quick burst now and then. not sure what the LX is, is it the 4-stroke? if so, it will not need oil in the gas.

not sure what your sled would get for mileage, it also depends on your riding habits. deep powder riding, or groomed trail riding. I can tell you this much. my new F8 is getting some good mileage today riding groomed trails. 75 miles on and still 1/3 of a tank of gas remains. since it has a 12 gallon tank. I would say 125 miles a tank is possible. my 04 F6 would get about 100 per tank. and again, it depends what your riding for snow. if you have a 4-stroke, it will get many more miles per tank from what I heard.

It will smoke a bit more and could foul a plug. Most likly being new you won't notice any thing. If you don't want to do 50:1 do the 100:1 that's not much oil any way. It is good insurance it won't score a piston, do to the extra heat from being new.