• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tom Tom GO. Sandhills style

Returned to the sand hills this morning to finsh up a job I was working on and the wildlife was everywere. In a 8 mile stretch of road I nearly ran into a HERD of Whitetails, a group of nearly 15, 5 were bucks. A 1/2 mile later I run into a coule dozen pheaseants about 70% hens, then I ran into several flocks of wild turkeys. I got some picures of the deer but they sucked, got some pictures of the pheasants, but they sucked, Got some pictures of the turkeys, and they are OK. I was using a Sigma 100-300 low end zoom, that suffers at 300mm. I had never seen so much wildlife all in the same strech of road. The forcast for the weekend was -20 as a low, I am guessing they were sensing that and herding up.

Here is my series of Turkeys. The one pic that did not turn out very good at all is the neatest one but I won;t post unless I can fix, It was a straight line of turkeys sneaking through and open field in single file with their heads down as not to attract attention. The row was over 30 turkeys long. As soon as they got back into the tree line again they bunched up and hung out. Here is my attmepts:

turkey.jpg

TomTOmGo.jpg

turkeypano.jpg

followtheleader3.jpg

followtheleader2.jpg

followtheleader.jpg