• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No more ice fishing for me.....

jegerjack

I am all excited last Friday.... I finally have nothing going on, to stop me from fishing for more than 2 hrs..... Do not get to excited Jeger.... I find out that me and my wife are expecting our first..... Needlessly to say, I did not get out Saturday or Sunday..... Well maybe next weekend.... To top it off the due date is around the duck hunting opener.... No more duck hunting for me..... I guess there are more things important than fishing and hunting.... Football.... Just kidding.... I hope jr or missy like the outdoors....

All Excited, JegerJack...

------------------
"What did the old man trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

Welcome to the crowd Jeger. I got out for the first time this weekend and more than likely it will be the last until March. I missed the entire duck season also this year. Wifes been on bed rest since October. Not due until March. Good luck.

jegerjack -

Congratulations! I hope things go well during the pregnancy. Don't worry about the duck season, there will be others.

I missed elk hunting AND deer hunting when my daughter was born, and it did not bother me one bit.

Jegerjack, my wife and I have a seven week old. I was on the ice once for about 1 1/2 hours this year. I love to fish more than anyone I know and it is a little hard some days when you go from doing what you want when you please to fishing 1 1/2 hours on the ice at January 20, 2003. It's hard until he smiles, coos and fills a diaper while making a hilarious [PoorWordUsage] face. That doesn't mean I can't wait until I can drag him out on the lake with me. Congrats and good luck.

congratulations, you will soon find the guilt of not being with your child is stronger than the urge to fish/hunt(as it should be) good news they do enjoy sports on tv in the old mans lap.

[This message has been edited by Fishbitten (edited 01-20-2003).]

Cogratulations, I have photos of my wife 7-8 months pregnant and stting on the ice with me. Married 25 years and she will go with me when the weather is reasonable, but my boys (13 & 22) would rather do computer gaming than fish. Drives me nuts - sure do miss having a son that really enjoyed fishing. My daughter (20) does go with me when she is home so not all is lost. Good luck

Congrats Jeger!!
I know just what you are talking about. I have today off, and in past years I would have been somewhere ice fishing, even in this cold. But today, I have spent every minute of the day with my 6 month old son. We did a couple of errands, washed the truck and had a topper put on it, talk'ed with the guy at the bait shop for awhile and then home by noon to feed/nap him.
Do I miss the old freedom, sure. Does it matter to me, not a bit. Last friday he said "da-da" for the first time, a day I'll never forget. Every day I miss being out right now, will be paid back tenfold when I can take him out with me.
Someone asked me what my best fishing memory is of. My response was that my best memories are all still to come, like the first fish he catches, the first fishfry we have of fish that he caught, our first boat-in camping trip etc.
My thought is that there will be many seasons to come. Enjoy the time with him/her next year and dont worry, you 'll have plenty of next years to make up for it.
Xplorer

Congrats! I have a seven month old little guy. It is a dent in your ice time, no doubt there, but if you really think about it, it is time well missed. He is our first also, and the time I spend with him that I would be on the ice I just look at him and think of how GREAT it will be when he is old enough to go out there fishing with me.

congrats again to you and your family in the making!

Congratulations, they grow up fast. Before you know it, they'll be asking when you're going fishing again. I got to go with my two when they were young, but not enough.It always seemed to be a problem, not enough time. Now when I want them to go THEY don't have time (the oldest is in law school, youngest works, no vacation bought a house with his girl friend). Now I have to go by myself, wife doesn't like cold. Guess I'll have to wait for grandchildren now. Enjoy them, they'll be gone before you know it.