• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

circulating fan in portable

fivebucks

Hey i got one from walmart and it works great so far. It runs off of d-cell batteries I think. I bet it has ran well over 40 hours without changing the batteries. It has a little fan and light on it and it green in color, but I forgot what brand it is.

------------------
FISHSTUNNER

A friend of mine has a small 12 volt fan with a clip-on that he uses in his truck to blow warm air from the cab through the connecting window into the topper. You have to have one of those sealing foam rings around the window or it doesn't work too well.[obviously] Anyway, you might try automotive supply shops and catalogues and rig it with aligator clips to hook up to your vexilar battery.

i bought one
that runs off 4 d bats and has never run down
cost about $12 plus shipping.
you can stick your finger in the blade and it won't hurt you.
velcroed it to the pipe on the top
works great 3 speeds

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-20-2003).]

The best fan for your application is a computer fan - runs off 12v, very light drain, safe for fingers, with four mounting holes - you can place it anywhere within your house, and power off your depth finder or seperate gel cell - I have one in permenant house and one in protable - both work great!

------------------
Minnow, please.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-20-2003).]

fivebucks, Ya the fan on the one i use dosent blow very hard and also I melted the plastic cover that goes over the fan already. But it works fine if nobody sits in front of it.

------------------
FISHSTUNNER

I bought mine for those hot nights in the tent so I guess it works a little but not as good as I was hoping. I probably go through the batteries cause I know of a few times I went to unpack it from the bags we hauled in an low and behold, there was a fan running in the bag. HUH

I would try looking at ax man off of moore lk rd and 65. You can buy any size or type DC motor that will run off of any type of battery (AA,C,D,9V) battery for about 2-5$ and buy a fan blade that slides on the shaft for a buck. They also have comp. fans Plus they have a bunch of cool junk to look at.

cottco, I have one of those fans and its perfect, mines about 5"x5"x1" very quiet and does a great job. I rigged a clothespin type clamp on it so I can put it anywhere.
I found mine at macs surplus, they had several sizes. mine was 5 bucks.

Cottco has it right. I picked up several of those fans at unclaimed freight for $5 each and I found that I can run three of them for darn near twelve hour continuous on a vex battery.