• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

baiting yotes

this is my first year yote hunting i have been out calling twice and driving once i havent seen the first one yet...just seeing if anyone has tried baiting them ... or how you would go about doing that ? what would you use and would you call along with that?

I like to go out on a cold still morning. Sit maybe 30 mintues and call. If nothing in that time get up and walk 1/2 mile and try again. As far as baiting with the new law in place you might want to try putting bait out in the late morning and hunting over it at night with spot lights and shotguns. Make sure you are far enough away from your rig to obey the laws. I'm gunna give that a try this year... Never done it at night or with bait.

say man i understand you are new to it all but as a suggestion try putting your questions that are related on the same thread just i was looking at your posts and like baiting yotes, starting to trap? i am assuming yotes hunting them calling them most of that could be on one thread i dont mean to offend you i was gonna send you a personal message but cant... it saves room and trust me the guys who are on here and read your thread will keep lookin for your other questions i am more that happy to help just rather not jump all over

Thanks for listening

and i honestly would love to help so would every one else

In my opinion this is the the toughest month to hunt coyotes. The deer hunters are still hunting and there are plenty of gut piles for the coyotes to snack on. The key is to be patient and not let the litte success your having this month discourage you.

If your from roch try driving or calling just west and south of byron. I worked up there last winter and when i would drive to work i would always see them out in that area. there is alot of good cover in that area. after deer hutning i put out the carcas's in some of our fields just to see i they would be out there during the day but still have never seen one. there is tracks so they must hit them at night. good luck