• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Winter Pix

I didn't have time to go out to take photos today, but kept a camera with me as I ran errands and got rewarded a little. Forty ravens caught my attention and although they all took off, there were three eagles sitting in a tree just off of the road. I managed to get a couple of shots before they all left.

Eagle-1.jpg

Eagle-3.jpg

Walked into the woods a bit and they were there because of a deer carcass. While I was standing there, this downy swooped down.

downy-1.jpg

And finally, had a Christmas card shoot around the corner of the bay and got a shot of this bridge across the ski trail on the other side of the Plantation from me.

Had a pretty good day! smile.gifsmile.gifBridge.jpg

So close, and yet so far. Got this shot through the trees. would have been a great one if he'd been in the clear! frown.gif

Eagle-4.jpg

Okay, try this one again with a little Photoshopping!

Eagle-5.jpg

All nice captures Ken!.that second one really is neat!...I noticed the wings are partially spread on that particular image...must be a trait of bald eagles...I have a few images of an eagle doing the very same thing over a fresh deer carcass(winter) in the Sax bog...I'm thinking the wings are somewhat wet from the snow next to the carcass and they hop up in the tree and "air out" their wings...maybe someone has another idea of why eagles do that?....