• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Simmons 8 Pt

fishin58

The sope is an 8 pt 3-9X 40, I was considering buying this scope from another guy, does anybody have any pos/neg advice on this scope. I am a shotgunner and I do not have much experience with scopes. I was considering this scope for my muzzleloader and pros/cons and putting it on that? Thanks in advance

I have this same scope on my Marlin lever action .35 Remington. My only issue is with the eye relief. You really have to be perfectly inline to see out the scope. I have only used this scope and a Leupold and I don't remember having any issues with the Leupold, but I have an issue just about everytime with my Simmons.

If you are able to mount this on your gun and try it out, maybe you won't have an issue. The Marlin is a shorter gun and I have a long body, so it may be me and not the scope at all.

Of course, the Leupold that I was using was on a Marlin lever action 30-30 and again, I don't remember an issue with that rifle/scope combination.

Just my experience.

I had one on my savage 17hmr that came as a combo, it seems to work okay, it is not as bright as my burris, but for a 17hmr it works good. I wouldn't give him too much for it, I don't believe simmons even makes that model of scope any more. There is some decent, notice I said decent, glass out there for 100 bucks, whether it stands up to a shotgun is another point

Thanks guys for your imput, I have seen else where, people either say they are complete junk or they are as good as gold. I think I would rely more on peoples perspective off this site. I think I will make the purchase he is selling it for 35 bucks with the rings. Merry X-mas to me!