• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Lill Red" pics

I like the first one a lot, too, Jonny. Only luck I've ever had keeping squirrels from competing with the birds is to make sure there are two or three feeding stations so birds can still get their share even when a gluttonous squirrel squats for hours. grin.gif

Thanks Ken ,Steve....I hear ya on the squirrels! shocked.gif...I think the little guys eat their weight in seeds everyday ....I did see a few chickadees come in and eat with the squirrels!...squirrels certainly don't seem to care if the chickadees are there ...then again...seems the chickadees aren't bothered by the squirrels either...

Frame_DSCF9545-1.JPG

Frame_DSCF9544-1.JPG

Frame_DSCF9546-1.JPG

In the metro area, red squirrels are much less common than their gray counterparts, and I really don't mind having them around. There are one or two red squirrels that frequent my feeders, and they will often chase away the gray squirrels.

Just the other day, I had 4 gray squirrels at the feeders munching away. A red squirrel showed up and, one by one, chased away all of the gray squirrels. Its can be quite entertaining to watch the little red's take on large gray's. grin.gif