• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PlotMaster

Crappie Rage

Does any one out there have any experience with the PlotMaster 400 or any other food plot type equipment??

How well do they work, how many acres can you get done with an ATV? How long does it take per acre on ground that has been in corn this year?

And any other comments or suggestions. I have about 3-5 acres of food plots planned for next year, but could have more in the future.

Thank you.

Yes, I have used the Plotmaster 400.

There is one thing I tell everyone in regards to creating any new food plot.

If its sod, ya better be ready for a challenge unless you have a farmer or someone that has large equipment to break that sod up.

If you are talking about an area that was recently tilled, or an area that doesnt have a foot of roots below the surface, then you are going to make some progress.

The plotmaster is pretty slick to say the least. One thing to note, do not try to pull this thing with anything less than a 400cc ATV. A 400 works, but I would recommend going a tad larger if at all possible. Its got a lot of stuff digging into the turf!

You can plant pretty much any kind of seed with it. And it does a very nice job too.

One other important thing to note, do NOT expect to take this through a field in one pass and plant seed. We did plenty of prep tilling with the unit before we ever even started seeding. I love the commercials or advertisements that show units like this running through a fluffy field of soil... That doesnt happen on the first pass.... Not even kinda.

The nice thing is that it does a very good job of helping get things ready for planting, and does a nice job getting the seed into the soil as well.

If interested, shoot me an email. I know where ya can get one for a weekend if you want next spring.

[email protected]