• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

07 Sportsman idle problems

tims

Bought it new last winter. Its a 500 EFI, Has 80 miles on it. It idles like dump. Started doing it only when I would quickly deccelerate, now it kills all the time. Is this something I can adjust on my own or do I have to pay the shop?

Thanks

By your thunb throttle on the cable there is a small twist out adjuster. Thist it out to take some of the slack out of the cable. Polaris has a buildt in kill switch inside your thunb throttle. If there is to much slack on your cable it will kill the machine.

Just a suggestion could be an issue with the EBS engine braking system as well causing it to kill on deceleration. Not sure if the new ones still have that feature that my 99 does. Just another though if its not the throttle cable itself or the kill switch.