• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who Said Anglers Have No Sense of Humor

Cottco

Referencing the Long Lake BLack Hole Theory - Hat's Off to Gull Guide with his "Gaurdian Fish" retort.

No doubt, an angry elusive cunning crappie lurks below the surface to one day reign terror on those who would perpetrate his icey domain.

BEWARE OF THIN ICE!

------------------
Minnow, please.

Believe in the guardian fish.. I am crappie Todd the originator of the tales of the guardian fish. True strories.

Be a believer and understand. And you will catch more fish. Fisherman with permanant fish houses can not out run the guardian crappie fish. Only those with portable fish houses...... think about, apply it and be more successful.

Crappie Todd

Crappie Todd - show me the proof! I began fishing in 1964, and not for crappies. My dad - a great fisherman in his own right - took my bro's and I up to the Arctic Circle to fish graylings and char. Based on that experience, throughout my life I have fished many great waters, and fooled many great fish. At no time have I encountered the Gaurdian Fish theory. When they don't bite, they simply don't bite. As for changing their minds - that's what finesse and fly fishing are for. As for winter fishing - tie on a 1/32 Adams' Ant - black, with 2 euro-larvae - any color on 2lb or less line, turn up the gain on your vexilar - fish your favorite spot, and wait for them to come in. Although suspended, crappies have one of the best sensor organs in the freshwater fish family. If their feeding, they will find your lure. If they are slow to bite - turn on your charm.
Respectfully,
Cottco

------------------
Minnow, please.

Cottco...no evidence of Guardian fish on the camera the other day?

Seriously....was it helpful?...has the bite picked up for you?

let me know...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Greetings

Misguided, I am not. But to argue over crappie is best left to one on one fishing contests to prove one's point. Perhaps a Guardian Fish contest should be hosted in a location where the ice is still safe? Let me know as I always welcome a worthwhile challenge.

Ghoiterman - no evidence to suggest stealth crappies. Quite helpful to see bottom structure under my house, would be nice if said cameras had a compass indicator on screen to tell you which direction you are viewing - is that an available feature - also took camera out to favorite perch hole, and wathed as they hit minnows - a great side view shot - especially in the presence of onlooking gaurdian crappies who were not as fast as the 1 lb perch in gobbling up a tasty minnow - perhaps those crappies just weren't hungry?

I have already remitted a funding grant to the board of directors to purchase a camera for future viewing. Perhaps I will ask for an opportunity to study the gaurdian theory-do you think Discovery Channel would make a docmentary and rank it right up there with the Big Scandi-hovien?

In either case, thanks to NE OUTFITTER for making available at a reasonable price a neat way to see the lake from a different angle.

------------------
Minnow, please.