• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

introducing myself

Just wanted to say - HI - have been around and posting for awhile now, but never on the Womens forum. I live in the Twin Cities and have a cabin up by Grand Marais, and am often looking for a fishing buddy. Also just wanting to hear about other Women out there enjoying the Great Outdoors!!! cool.gif

Tami

Hi reelemin and welcome to the women's forum!

I am from Two Harbors (my people are still there) but live in Carlton (just south of Duluth) and have a cabin in north of Grand Rapids/east of Deer River. Is your cabin on Lake Superior or are you inland? We mainly fish walleye in the open water season. We ice fish alot too. Are you looking for a fishing buddy in your area (Grand Marais)? I also would love to meet up with other ladies who like to fish in my area! Anyone out there from the Gr. Rapids area?

Tami

Are you married? any kids? and dogs?

Do you hunt too or just fish?

What kind of fish you like most?

I know so many questions but we get to know you a bit better..

What kind of a fishing partner you looking for, someone up this way more or down by you?

Many of us women from here will be up in Ely come Jan for the BBash.. It would be great if you could.. See under Ely forum for the BBash posts..

Have a partner of 25 yrs,- no dog (anymore, had one for 14 yrs, my favorite buddy , Yukon - a collie huskie mix) I kayak fish in the summer, love the bass!!! tongue.gif large mouth down here and smallies up north. I have a fishing buddy and we'll get to Milacs for the perch and walleyes a few times in the summer and winter. I have a 4 whealler and love winter, so ice fishing is my gig smile.gif. Ely sounds great, I'll look into it.

Cabin is on the hill, we have a lake view ( in the winter wink.gif), we're by Cascade State Park. About 4 miles from Pike Lk, My fishing hole. Yea, someone to fish with, especially winter, in that area would be great.

That is so cool..

Well would be happy to go out and get some fish when your in the far north anytime..Just let me know when your coming this way.. Yes the BBash is going to be pretty cool.. and it gives you a chance to meet the others FM'ers tooo

You are a gal after my own heart! I would rather sit in my Trap than in the boat! I think it's because I'm a self contained unit out there on the ice. I can't drill my own holes (maybe if we had a lighter auger I could wink.gif) but I can do everything else. It seems that the Burntside Bash in Ely on Jan. 26th is going to quite a blast since the hype has been going on for a month now! Thanks to our very own Kalli! I also vow to buy a kayak this summer.

kayak fishing is AWESOME. There is nothing quite like it. I'd rather be in yak then in my buddys Alumacraft!. Mine is a fishing Kayak made in Brainard. Awe - drilling the holes is nothing, a bit of muscle at the beginning than just let the auger do the work. I'm hoping to get to the BBash, it sounds like whole lotta fun!!! laugh.gif

HA Lisa

all i did was ask a question hahahhaha

thats what started it

it was going to start anyways, just a bit eailer but very happy we did cause the hotels are going fast, remember the snowmobile races are also that weekend too.. if i haven't started it no one would be getting a hotel, paddle is full

I've never fished Burntside before so I have no idea what their access looks like but since this get together has been going on for a bunch a years I bet it's easily accessible. My only advice is, if you want to know specifics, re-ask your question in the BWCA/Duluth Area/Ely forum since I don't think alot of the guys who fish it also look in the ladies forum!

Just take your time getting down the hill at Van Vac landing for the Bash. Can be very slippery. If you have wheelers or sleds park on top and ride down. If you only have vehicles go down to the lake and park around headquarters. Spread out of course.

We should have safe ice to park on by then.