• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MI Opener

Shiner... Yeah I cant wait, I am hunting my new land for the 1st time out on Chaney Lake Road. I am off today at 11:00 so it will give me a little time to have a few cans of aiming fluid. I will be back to work on Tuesday so hopefully I have some pics, never-the-less I will have a good time. Be safe.

If you hear on the Round Up that Camp Rehab did any good, crack a cold one for us...

Later Nate,

PERCHKING

Just got some trailcam pics from my dad (35mm) and there are some nice bucks in the Tula area this year. I'll probably be over on Sunday and hunt Monday, unless I can weasal out of work early. Good luck! I'll listen for ya on the round-up.

PS. Joey dropped a 202 lb. 8 pt. on Saturday night!

Hopefully everyone was safe today and got a chance to take an animal. Just got off the phone with the old man, sounds like it was a slow opener for him and some of his buddies. If anybody had any luck, let's get some pictures/stories posted.

Well I got to the U.P. Sunday afternoon and joined my dad in the stand only to see does. We have some nice bucks on the trailcam, but none of them decided to show up during the day since opener. We got out again before sun-up on Monday and at 7:22 this guy walked in. I was hoping to hold out for one of the bigger ones, but paying an out of state fee and only having a few more hours to hunt I decided to take him. When I got back to Duluth I began the butchering process and found 6 in. of arrow shaft plus a broadhead lodged just beneath his spine. I guess this buck was just meant for me. Anybody else have any stories/pics to share?

Deer07.jpg

Hey Nate Congrats...

Boy has it been a tough year with some weird weather. On my cams I has some 2 nice 8's and 1 decent 10 coming in a week before season. Then with all the snow I think it accelerated the rut so by the time it started warming up again I think the peak was done. I am still seeing buck chasing but nothing with any size.

I was forced to take this 6 ptr opening morning, he came into a plot of mine, and you could tell something was wrong. He had a BAD limp and some broken tines, I think if I had my running shoes on I could have tackled him. So I put him out of his misery not the buck I wanted but I can't see letting him go and letting him suffer. It wasn't a bad buck by any means about a 14 inside spread and weighed 139.

Sorry for the poor photo but this is all I have right now. We ended up taking 3 does and 3 bucks on my land.

IMGP0103.jpg

Nice job Perchking.....it was a weird year (weather), it was pouring rain on Monday and the wind was blowing pretty hard. From those that I talked to, it seemed to be that way for everyone. Lots of little bucks chasing during the day and the big boys showing up at night (usually the case), but I was suprised to not have any sightings at all. It's back to the treestand for me, some big bucks still running around in the city hunt here. As soon as I get a picture from Joey, I'll throw it on here. Have a good Thanksgiving!