• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fish locators

Sounds like somthing from the past. The old "green box" was the original Lowrance. A far as green box goes.
Old ones didn't have much power to return a signal from deep ( 25 ) feet. especially if it was over a mud bottom. The signal was absorbed with no return.
Yours is a differnt model not recognisable buy this veteran angler.
Crappie Todd

I have an old Cricket flasher that I stull use; it's proven to be a much cheaper alternative than the $300 ones on the market today. So it's a tad finkiy; and not as detailed as the newer ones: it tells me all I need to know: how deep it is, if there are fish and how deep the fish are. True.. you get a weak signal over a mud bottom.. but playing with the gain knob should produce a signal. The only other thing is it can't read through ice; you have to drill a hole first. But with my new power auger I got this year thats not much of a problem. Fact is I find it kinda ridiculos that something that's a deriative of a technology that has been around for over 30 years costs just as much as underwater cameras; which were only making there appearance in the last 5. That is not right in my opnion. The price should be less or comporable to graphs (which is of course a newer technolgy than a flasher). When that happens; I'll buy a new one ($120-150 range) but not before...

Crawl:

They only cost that much because we'll pay that much. Imagine if we all "just said no" to $300-$400 flashers. Prices would sink, sink, sink.

They're less complicated than VCRs and DVD players, or at least no more complicated, and you can get a perfectly good new stereo/hi fi 4-head VCR or a DVD player for $50 these days.