• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cable VS Dish

zamboni

Thanks thats the info I was looking for. ALso if you have a converter box from any company catv or Dish you will have the box, the cable companys have a closed cable system so they could choose to convert things back to anolog so you dont need a box, one less thing to have hooked up and or rent, also it doenst need to be HD it needs to be Digital.

ShawnnyB

Quote:

The main problem with dropouts with satellite TV is poor installation and alignment of the Dish.

Exactly. The cable in my area is terrible, I have been nothing but satisfied with Dishnetwork.

I say dish all the way.

In 2 years I have only noticed the signal going out probably 5 times, and it is only for a max of 15 minutes.

My wifes parents have cable and they constantly have problems with the cable being hit during road construction, etc and they are out for anywhere from 5 hours to 5 days.

The fact is, Dish signal is fairly reliable, and only the cable companies make up lies, like evey time it sprinkles you lose signal. It has to be a heavy lightning, get in the basement, storm in order to lose signal.

Plus I love teasing all teh packer fans that I will be able to see the game tonight and they won't. P.S. I'll probably turn it off in the 3rd Quarter when Dallas is up by 3 scores.

Shawney B, sorry if dish cuts into your livelyhood, but I'm sure your qualified to switch (work) to a dish company if you chose to.

Not a worry TNFL, with the new channels that Dish has added, I see a raise in Dish bills a coming, besides that we have the Internet and Phone to keep me busy. (rumor from a good source says that the dl will be @ 10M and Upload @ 1M by Mid first quarter)

ShawnnyB