• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ANY BIG BUCK PHOTOS???

None from this year, but this image from December 2005, not long after gun season was over, is the biggest buck with the most character I've shot. Either an 11-or a 12-pointer. Not a great spread, not overly big mass, but the beams are nice and the tines are long.

He certainly was the worse for wear, crusted with frozen slush and with a cataract in his right eye (to your left as you view him.) Looked to me like he was a fella who'd reached and just passed his prime and was on the way down. He was about 20 yards downwind of me when I shot this, and was so tired he didn't give a dump I was there.

This was about five miles outside Ely.

Canon 20D, Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso400, 1/800 at f9, just under full frame, handheld

snowybuckbig2.jpg