• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pro-V IFS

LakeTahoe

I need some MORE advice! I am sold on the Verado, but now I just would like some more info. I have a 1750 Tyee now, but want to sell and get a Pro-v IFS (full windshield)... how is this boat for big/rough water compared to my Tyee? The sides are a little lower on the pro-v... which would provide better fishability, but is it more susceptible to big waves coming over the side (driving or drifting)? This pro-v is a ton of money, and just want to be sure I am getting the RIGHT boat.

LT

Funny you should ask that question: I went from a 92 Lund 1750 Tyee to a 05 Pro-V 1900 IFS and haven't had any regrets. The sides are a little lower as you said, but I haven't been on any water I wanted to stay out and fish in that it wouldn't handle safely or get any wetter than I might otherwise. For fishing, you can't beat the Pro-V and for my 2 cents the windshield is well worth it on the "not so nice days", I wouldn't buy another boat without it. If you do more of the pleasure boating and skiing, then I'd go with the Tyee again, otherwise the Pro-V wins hands down for fishing in my opinion.

I love the lower sides of a prov it makes it so much easier to handle fish and get them out of the water. The windshield obviously will help. I doubt you notice much of a difference between your tyee and the prov ifs. I really like them myself. I have a dual console prov and you still can get pretty wet grin.gif.

Quote:

That why I like my Tyee!! I dont like to get wet!
tongue.gifwink.gif

You must just not go out when it is really rough grin.gif. Plus for me getting wet is the trade off for a more fishable boat for me I like the lower sides better than highsides. If it cost me getting wet someday that is why I have rain gear grin.gif.

Quote:

I ran a ProV 1800 for 8 years. The ProV's are a hard rider and lots of water comes over the side given the right wind conditons and direction of travel. Other than that it is an excellent fishing platform.

I would have to imagen you are right since I haven't ran a tyee. I suppose they are heaver so they would stay in the water better. I am sure the side block waves better as well.

Do your research, You are really looking for a good value for your money? In MY opinion and experience a glass boat is the only way to go especially for Big water...just trying to help you out. I am not trying to bash alum they just dont deliver the same performance on the water.Period.