• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Batteries

woody1975

Bought my first boat this year Alumacraft Dominator with a 75 horse Merc. Everything has gone well, but the batteries are weak and will need to be replaced before next spring. My question is what batteries do you recommend (starting and trolling)?

Thanks

If you're looking to keep the cost as low as you can, the marine batteries that Wallmart sells are tough to beat for the money. If you want to go first class and don't mind spending a little extra, go with the Trojan's.

I have had very good luck and service with Interstate batteries. Thats all I will use in my truck and boat now.

Not so much because the batteries are good but because I have been very impressed with my local Interstate shops service.

Get yourself a Marine battery for the outboard and a Deep cycle for the trolling motor and accessories.

Sometimes the trolling motor can interfere(give off noise) with a sounder. The Marine battery is designed to be used as a starting battery and some long,low amp draw use, something like you sounder can be used there. However if you start putting lighting, livewells and other accessories onto the starting battery you start to draw it down. Its your starting battery so you don't want to do that. Use your deep cycle for those.