• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sway bar installation??

Ryan_V

What are you looking to gain from this? I have seen them on alot of quads.

I dont know for sure but I doubt that they will help that much to make a significant difference. I have looked at getting one on my quad but decided not to mainly because the cross member between my struts is bretty beefy.

to me most of the ones I have seen first hand look like its more for bling factor. but those machines might not have enough bracing from the factory to begin with. hard for me to say

if your wanting to improve handling, id say go with some different shocks, and/or wheels with some different offset. You could get wheel spacers as well but that may not be the best route to go.

just a few ideas

I agree with rundrave, If you are looking on stiffening up your ride put some 589 with stiffer side walls, or replace the shock/struts. Are you trying to haul a heavy load on it, such as water tank or something? If so a small cart to pull behind would be easier.

I'm looking at getting rid of the tippy feeling when trail riding and corners/etc. I've ridden one with a sway bar and mine without NO COMPARISON IN THE HANDLING. the sway bar makes it more stable without giving up ground clearance or suspension travel. if I whip mine in circles on gravel, I feel like I'm fighting to keep the rubber down, with the sway, she'll spin all day and feel easy!!

I'd say get it. I have ridden quite a few 700's with and without the sway bar and it is a huge difference. I don't understand why Cat doesn't have them on from the factory though. As far as installation, it shouldn't be too big of a job. I've never done one on an atv but I have taken a few sway bars off of sleds and it was no problem at all. Worst case scenario is you find out you can't do it and have to bring it to the dealer...but I think it should be a pretty straight forward procedure.