• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Plug in Chips?

hill7410

There are some available for limited models, (fuel injected) probably more coming out as more and more go to injection. Also for carbureted ATVs, you can get a "black box" of sort, often called a "roost boost" for some models that will allow them to rev higher than the stock ignition will allow. wink.gif

There are a few of them out there. Dobeck I know is one that makes them for the Rincon. From what I understand they don't work quite like the ones for a vehicle. On a stock machine the programmer doesn't do much. Where it really comes into play is with add ons like a pipe or filter for the fuel mapping so you don't end up running too lean or rich.

The ones I have seen take away the low end lag that most machines have. I have a dynatech on my 750 and it makes a noticeable difference. To me it was a bigger difference than it was when I added a hypertech to my gasser chevy I had. I haven't heard alot of raving about the replacement ECU's on FI machines. I think the companies have a few more things to work out. It seems for the FI models they are mainly for programming like Bjjams said.

Which atv do you want this for?

The best place on the internet for information about the rincon is rinconriders (Contact Us Please) you know what. There is a lot of first hand information about about the do's and dont's with the different programmers out there.

i have the dynojet usb power commander III and it does alright i can load fuel maps and tune it through my laptop. It also comes with a couple maps from the factory, one normal and one for slip on w/filter. It doesnt do much in my opinion but it would allow you to get past the 50mph governer on that rincon.