• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm Dumb!

almosthaddabite

I too ordered a card of A/E's.
1st outting tip-up 2 A/E 0
2nd " jig-a-bit 2 A/E 0
3rd " jig-a-bit 3 A/E 0
last night jig-a-bit 3 tip-up 2

Now everyone else is kicking butt with these spoons. I have yet to have a bite, it must be my presentation or lack of. Any help??

I to have had limited success with the Angel Eye. Fisky....tell us how we're supposed to fish them please smile.gif I am headed for LOW Thursday morning and am figuring on trying Angel Eye again. I picked up a couple of hammered gold color and figure that color should do well. Fro the sounds of it they are hitting on anything anyway.

I'll try, First I fish the jrs on a 6# setup and the regulars on an 8# setup, both spooled with mono. I direct tie to a small crane swivel attached to the splitring on the spoon. Bait with minnow head or in the case of smallish minnows the front third or so, then take and mash the minnows body into the splitrings and swivel, wipe the goo and scales off your fingers on the edge of the spoon. Drop to about 3 foot above the bottom and let it hang first for about 20 seconds or so, then let it flutter to the bottom and lift and hang it about a foot or so off the bottom for 15 to 30 seconds. After this give it a fairly sharp lift of 1 to 2 feet or so, letting it flutter to the bottom 2, 3, or 4 times, on that last lift, drop it to about a foot up off bottom and hang it still for 20 seconds or so. Repeat the lift-drop and hang still, occasionally let it sit on the bottom for again 15-20 seconds or so before the lift-drop, also after letting it hang still now and then jiggle your rodtip ever so slightly before another lift-drop-hang sequence. Many subtle things to do with lures of this type, do some experimenting!!!

Hunt4food- fishings been good up here, you guys will do well next week. FYI- although I caught alot of fish on spoons yesterday, the fish prefered a little more subtle approach. Make sure to bring up some airplane/flyer type jigs {hint,hint!} pink/glowwhite and blue and glowwhite were the bait for me yesterday.

Good luck....Fisky