• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Stuff

Hi everyone! Here's a couple things I've been up to...aced a Med Terminology test, trying to get the book "A Hundred Years of Solitude" read for book club(a group of high school friends-it's a great way to stay in touch too), grouse road hunted with my hubby (I don't hunt but like to go along anyway), started to get excited about ice fishing since we had our 1st frost! We bought these really neat LED string lights for our ice houses. What's everyone else been up to? Does anyone have any good book ideas? Which lakes do any of you fall fish/ice fish on?

Lisa

I'm not in a book club, so I didn't think I really had anything to add.

I have two daughters in cross country, so most of my time is spent "running" after them. The oldest daughter is a junior in high school and keeps a very busy schedule. Fall is also our busy season on the farm. Most of my time is spent running for parts, bringing out dinner, running after our three kids, and trying to keep the house together. When the crops are off, I get to spend most of my day in the tractor pulling the chisel plow. Life is crazy around here in the fall, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Farmall's are red... Know why they are red? So they can hide next to the barn when the big green tractors go by.

Know why John Deer's are green? So they can hide in the grass when the big red tractors come by.

Wish that i lived on a farm... If I ever win the lottery maybe... but I will never be able to buy one. take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Out by Hutchinson. I know a few folks down by Marshall. Boerbooms for one.

We run green. I usually get asked why I'm not out in the fields working when I come home from school and go hunting.

FYI to anyone, Farmalls and Case International Harvester or Case IH are red, at least those are the traditional colors. But when most people reference red and green, they are talking about Case and John Deere respectively.

Seeing a lot of pheasant while puttering around fishinchicks?

There are quite a few pheasants around here. There were pretty good numbers around here last year as well.

Ton of Boerbooms around here. We finish hogs for one of 'em.

Lisa - I grew up in the Twin Cities, and learned how to drive the tractors after I married a farmer. I feel like I get to go play out in the fields every fall. I can shut off my cell phone if I don't want to talk to anyone, and pretty much be in solitude. smirk.gif

If you like MN authors, try Stanley Gordon West. A few of his books take place in 1949 St. Paul. If you grew up there or are at least familiar with the area, the books are really cool. Quick reads with great stories, too. They can be read in any particular order and are called

"Finding Laura Buggs"

"When They Bring the Streetcars Back"

"Growing an Inch"

Yeah, I'm sure you finish hogs for the one I know. Bright kid, good leader, wants to come back and run the farm as I understand it. I might get on his case to do some pheasant hunting down that way....never been to SW MN in the fall....

Would that be Mike? We live about 5 miles or so north of his parent's place.

Great areas to hunt down here. My hubby hit a pheasant with our minivan and pushed the grill in. Used to be that we would have to watch out for deer. Now it is both deer and pheasants!