• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Troll Master

scaup

I will be putting a troll master pro II on a yamaha t-8 this weekend. Just wondering if anybody out there has done this before and if there are an easy mistakes to avoid. Thanks for the help.......

Scaup:

The install is really straight forward. The included instructions walk you through step by step with photos to make the job easier. I think the hardest part of the entire install was running the wire to the counsel.

You're going to like the control!

JSS

I have my kicker connected to my main motor using the removeable bar, so when I troll I have to change the speed by walking back to the kicker motor. The troll master will allow me to change my speed without moving, but what does the idel/run button do? When I hook into a fish I always stand up and stop the motor by walking back to it. Will this button stop the motor when you push it, and then when you want to go again do you push it again? I guess I'm not sure how that works. Does anyone know?

The Idle run button switch's from idle speed to the speed you have selected to troll at. So when you are done idling you hit the button and go right back to your selected speed!

If you wanted to stop all forward motion you still have to shift to neutral!!

That is correct! Unless i need to move to a different area or get snagged up! The trolling speed is almost infinitely variable from the idle to top end!

The top button give you a momentary fast speed. As long as you hold the momentary button the motor runs at near top speed!

Hope this helps!

Since this floated back to the top I will offer a little feddback on this unit. I have a few hours under my belt with this little gadget and I must say it is probably the next best thing since sliced bread for pulling cranks. Due to changing conditions it is not as simple as set it and forget it but it is a giant leap forward from using a factory installed throttle control system.