• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Was on the Flambeau, south of Ladysmith on 9/11. Caught some real nice smallies. Not long fish, but reeaall fat. One musky that bit off. All in all a very nice outing. Caught some on small spinners w/twister trailers. Most on my trusty spider jigs in crawfish pattern. They were really coughing up the craw's. Most were in the deeper holes.

Mike, nice post! I'm headed there in the a.m. for the weeekend to fish for some eyes, smallies and maybe a few of the toothy critters as well. You goin to be in the area this weekend? If so, bring your waders and I'll give you the areas that produce for me on a regular basis, well a few anyways. Steph and I will be heading up for some small cabin projects, some fishing and some nights by the fire w/o the kids this weekend. I plan on doing my usual milkrun each a.m. then heading back to the cabing and maybe hitting the water with Steph in the evenings. The weeds should almost be gone now. I caught red tailed chubs over the Labor day holiday up there and that is really intruiging. Glad to hear that you got into some! I hope that you didn't use that monster spinner bait for those little smallies though! J/K! grin.gif I'll be up till Sunday fishing and working, let me know if you are going to be around as I certanly could fit you in and get you out on the river in my neck of the woods, course you gotta get me out down by your area as well. The sturgeon bite is picking up, the cats are gonna go wild this next couple weeks and of course we know what the smallie action is like. The eyes are starting to drop back and this is a prime time to hit some of them up from shore all along the flowage. Take care bud, and good fishing!

Tunrevir~

It's cool to see some reports from other folks fishing this area. My Uncle has a place near the flea market on hwy 8 and I do some fishing on the Flambeau a few times a year. I was just up last weekend chasing grouse and helping my Uncle with his bear baits. I've seen the occasional Muskie while floating the river, but mostly focus my attention on the Smallies and occasionally on the Walleyes just after opener.

Was up last weekend and did well on the smallies running and gunning with suspending jerk baits and spinner baits. The fish are mostly stagin in the deeper areas right now. I did manage a nice muskie about 45"'s. Caught him on a husky jerk after he tried to whack a spinner bait. The weeds are dying back pretty well and by next weekend the deeper areas, with larger rocks and the shoreline woody cover next to the deeper water will hold the fish. The eyes will be easier to get at as the weeds will be sparce and they will start to hit plastics and minnow type stick baits. Cranking crawdad patterns during the day for smallies isn't bad either but beware of the wood, it tends to suck up cranks. I am excited to hit it again in a week! Oh yeah and there were a few nicer sturgeon that were hopping this past weekend as well.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I've manage to donate a few to the fish gods as well but they have been paying me back for the most part! I'll be back up that way next Friday-Sunday for a little cabin work and some fishing in between.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Fished the Flambeau 9-29/10-1. The weeds have really died back and the river is up and flowing at near springtime flows. The walleyes and pike were active as well as the muskies. Caught one muskie 40-45" but broke me off during the attempt to belly lift it. Second fish smoked me right at my feet and never got a solid hookup. Muskies were coming off the shallower bars and points. Did see a couple guys floating big suckers under beachballs in some of the deeper holes and a couple fish caught. Smallies weren't cooperative on spinners or cranks but did see some surface activity. Might have been the weather. Did well in the mornings and didn't fish much in the evenings due to the rains.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif