• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yellow/orange dust on shoes

FOOTDOC

Recently, when walking thru my back yard, I have noticed the tops of my shoes have a yellow/orange dust accumulating on them. Is this the result of a fungus and if so is there a solution? Is it harmful to the lawn? Thanks

Funny you should mention this, I have a customer that has the same thing going on at his home. We are trying to figure out what it is. Our original thought is that it was the iron from his well collecting because he was using his sprinkler system so much. We had his water tested and it came back at less that .3 ppm. Our next step was to have the substance tested, and thats where we are now. If you find anything out please post it here....I'll do the same.

It sounds like fertilizing would help also! Sounds like lawn is malnourished, from the file LM2 had posted.

I think I have a little of this going on right now. Has been a long while since I last fertilized lawn. I am planning to do it in next couple of days. This has helped in past with this condition.