• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall fertilizing

bottomdweller

Hey guys, here in wiscony where I am, we are just getting some rain now. My question is some of the lawn is not coming back quite yet. Can I use weed and feed or will it be too hard on the lawn? When is the best time? What works best for you?

Thanks for any input

Are you planning on seeding the areas that haven't come back? If so, you may not want to put any herbicide down till you mow the new grass a couple times.

IMO when the temps are consistantly cooler is the best time to control weeeds. I think i get the best control when i apply after the first frost.

Quote:

Are you planning on seeding the areas that haven't come back? If so, you may not want to put any herbicide down till you mow the new grass a couple times.

IMO when the temps are consistantly cooler is the best time to control weeeds.
I think i get the best control when i apply after the first frost.

For those accounts that only want 1 application / year, this is the ideal time to apply.

As far as weed-n-feed goes, you should be fine. The benefits of getting fertilizer on your grass are going to outweigh any detriments from the herbicide.