• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cannon 20D problem

Sounds like your sensor needs a cleaning. You should be able to find Canon's recommended technique in your manual. It involves having a fully charged battery, the mirror locked up, exposing the sensor and an air blower (not compressed air from a can). When I clean my sensor, I like to place the camera on a tripod with the camera facing the ground. That way when I blow air onto the sensor, the dust is more likely to fall out of the opening. Be careful not to touch the sensor. There are cleaning techniques that involve using swabs, brushes and liquids, but I have never had the nerve to try them. If you use the blower method on a regular basis, you should be able to prevent most dust from sticking onto the sensor. To check to see if your sensor is clean, set the aperture to f32 and take a picture of the blue sky. If there is dust on the sensor, it will show on that picture. Again...please read the technique in your manual before beginning.

If you go to the Canon web site and search for the 20D, you'll be able to download the manual in PDF format. It has basic instructions on how to clean the sensor. Also, I've read you should avoid touching the shutter mirror for fear of damaging the shutter mechanism.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=314&modelid=10464