• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canon 1Ds Mark III

I don't know if you guys have checked out the Canon site or amazon recently but the 1Ds Mark III is going to be on the market in November or December along with the 40D. It looks like it will be a mix of the 1Ds MII with the 1D MIII. Not as many clicks per second of the MIII and from my first skim through the specs it is only going to shoot from 50 to 3200 ISO (expanded w/ custom functions) whereas the 1D MIII shoots 50 to 6400. No pricing on the 1Ds MIII yet but I am thinking it will be in the high 8k range. The 40D looks like it will be pretty reasonably equipped for around 1,300.

Yep, been watching, but from a distance. Not going to be able to afford either unless the Powerball or Photo gods suddenly smile on me.

Wouldn't mind the upper end of the large print range available through the 1Ds Mk3's 21 Mp, though.

Quote:

The 40D looks like it will be pretty reasonably equipped for around 1,300.

Can't wait for the 40D to hit US stores. It's already available in Australia. The shutter button is failing on my 20D but I can't complain, I've had it for over two years and it's got 80,000 clicks (at least).

Cheryl P.