• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Did I make a mistake??Splash gaurds/Transom Electric Trolling motor/Transducer?

goose89

First of all, thanks for all the advice / help with my new splash gaurds. I went with White Caps and am very happy with how they look. Haven't been able to try them out yet.

Here's my "potential" problem. I mounted a new Minnkota Vector transom mount motor last nite in the place provided for by my splash guards. Problem is, the motor housing / prop sit directly underneath my Lowrance 522c transducer. I can tilt it out so it's sticking out more to get from underneath the tranducer, but don't think this is the solution. I think I'll sacrifice power / performance with the motor tilted out. Will the transducer signal be seriously affected by the trolling motor or not??

Anyone out there have a similar situation??

Thanks in advance,

goose

I haven't had any problems with my trolling motor mounted like that. The motor is directly under the transducer and I haven't had any problems with it other than the occasional time when I hit the trolling motor and I am in some waves and it sucks some air in from the surface. Then there is a bit of interference because of the air, but it only lasts a couple seconds at most.

Tom

thanks for the responses. I'm gonna take it out Friday am. I'm thinking it's gonna work okay, just started thinking (too much, maybe) when I saw the potential for a problem. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

goose