• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not seeing many deer?

Dahitman44

Probably. We have corn now where there was once alfalfa for the past several years. I actually see it as a blessing. Somewhat less sightings for me in daylight than last year but the corn is holding them here and once it is gone, they have nowhere to go but the woods and sloughs I can hunt.

You might want to find a trail from the corn to a watering hole. They need to get to water daily and have to be leaving the corn somewhere. I would try another trail and see whats there.

It might be worth a try for a few days with the trail camera. Cant hurt.

And if you can't find a water source, nearby, try and make one cheaply and easily if you can. My manmade waterhole - a twenty gallon rubber livestock dish sunk partially into the ground - is getting some action but I'd like to see more. I need to get the trail cam out again as I only left it out for 5 days before pulling the last time to coincide with my visits to my hunting area.

baby409.jpg