• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bronson fishin!

Saddle up and ride, there aughta be enough ice to go and throw a lawn chair out on Lake Bronson by november 27. Anyone know where Bronson is? its located about 25 miles south of canada on US hwy#59. You cant beat it for early ice perch, northern, and walleye fishing.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-20-2002).]

thats right catfish, we drained out the lake here about 7 years ago. she's back in black now, and really throwin out the walleyes. late fall was just great for walleye fishing below the dam, some people reported catching 40 plus walleyes in one day.

hi catfish, well, we used to have a motel right in town, but it burnt down 3 christmas eve's ago. too bad, but if your a real bronson boy, stay out at the park over night. or just drive to hallock bout 10 miles west of lake bronson, and spend the night.

Yeah, Hallock's a nice town. Was there a bunch of times. My kids are in EGF and I get there to visit them now and then. May have pick them up and head to Bronson this winter for a day-tripper. One really likes to ice fish. The other may just read and fall asleep in the truck. grin.gif

If I plan to get that way, I'll drop you a line so we can consult.

Lake of the Bronson
Checked out your page and you have a great page! Especially the sound track of grumpy old men! LOL!!!!
I think you should add a few things to go fishing! smile.gif
Icesaw, battery operated fish teaser which you can get from Todays Tackle and also the Big Dipper. You must have a strike master spear in the picture? frown.gif
Good luck and lots of PATIENCE!
“FISH” grin.gif
I also make quality FISH spears! grin.gif

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

Lake of the Bronson, great name, why didn't I think of something like that.
I used to go up there a lot when I was a kid, but haven't for quite a few years now. Do you need a state park sticker to get out on the lake? Is the park even open in the winter?

You know, when people ask about lodging, don't forget to mention Halma smile.gif

Maybe see you out there this winter.

WS

Catfish,
I live in EGF. I have a 10 year old boy that likes to ice fish. (fish for awhile and then go exploring.) You will have to keep me posted if you go up there. It would be fun to follow you up for a day of fishing.
Tully

howdy howdy, yeah, find the lil old blue house on the lake and stop in for a visit. yes you do need a sticker to come into the park, a day pass is $4, but yearly is 20.
That picture on my page isnt of any from my house. but keep on going to it, i plan on adding more pictures of my own to it.
cant wait for early ice,
-keep the rods bending

Tully: I'll post if I'm heading that way.

There are a couple good walleye spots right down at the Point in EGF where you're out of the current so the ice is safe. No trip for you, and I averaged two or three walleyes every evening when I was on those spots, sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Want 'em?

------------------
Steve Foss
Superior, Wis.
[email protected]

Tully
STF is right on, the forks area where the Red lake river dumps into the Red is a great spot for BIG Wally's thru the ice. I've seen many fish over 30 inches hauled outta there, not alot of numbers, but the fish run large. Early ice is best so be careful. Try a Sonar, silver buddy or bladebaits of that style, about 3/4 ouncers, bait both trebles with shiners, jig and be patient. Early and late in the day, into the darkness. Nice down there after dark on account of the lites from the bridge.

As for Lake Bronson....Great spot for stunted Perch and Hammerhandles. Decent Walleye fishing early spring below the dam.

Fisky

here we are, i guess some guy has got a portable out on the lake already. he reports 3.5" out towards the middle, depends how much fish you ate the night before to see how far you can walk out.
careful out there, dont venture too far. especially up the river or east end, some current could be nibbling on the ice a bit.
-keep the rods bending