• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Loud Bow??

LimbSaver and other similar companies have soooooo many products out there that claim to decrease the twang/vibration of your bow and I believe they absolutely help! I am currently shooting a Hoyt bow and as you may or may not know Hoyt has split limbs so i have the AlphaShox limb silencers to help out with unnecessary limb vibration. I also have a set of string leeches that seem to help. There are also sights, rests, quivers, and stabilizers on the market that will greatly reduce the amount of vibration during and after the shot.

Also, is your bow a little older? with all of the new dampening systems added on the newer bows nowadays seems to really quiet those bows up.

But, if your looking for a fairly easy fix to your noise problem I'd recomend buying a quality LimbSaver stabilizer, string leeches, and if you currently have one of those peep sights with the rubber hose connected to it, replace it! those hoses make soooo much noise!

P.S, It would also help if you posted up a picture of your bow so we could better get a idea of how to tune up your bow. laugh.gif

There are many things you can do to quiet your bow. First we need to know what kind of bow you have with what kind of silencing equipment on the bow. Do you have a peep aligner? I think those things make noise.

I have an STS, cat whiskers, limb savers, a s-coil, and shoot heavier arrows. All of those things help.

First thing I would do is to check and make sure that all your assc. that bolt on are tight. I had this problem and after checking all my add ons to make sure they were still bolted tight I took it to a pro shop. I needed a few parts that were wore out to be replaced.

LImb savers and such will help but may not be the only issue that you may have to deal with.

Actually I stripped the bow. All that is on it is the sights and the arrow rest. I guess my best bet would be to just bring it into the shop.

I guess my question is what has worked best for you? And how quiet can you get a bow to shoot??

Taking off the string bats and putting on catwhiskers made a pretty big difference for me. Catwhiskers get rid of the twang much better. Shooting a heavier arrow makes your bow quieter too. The limbsavers and some stabilizers will take away vibration.

Most bows can be made pretty quiet if they are tuned, all components are tight and you have the proper silencing stuff.