• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I will be staying at Lake Chetac for a week in mid-September with some friends and was wondering if anyone has any advice for walleye, crappie, or smallmouth in that lake. We catch plenty of everything else, but have some trouble with these.

We will also be making a day trip to Big Round Lake for some muskies, so we would welcome any tips for this lake, too. Thanks for any help. smile.gif

Are you talking about chetac in birchwood?

I have had lots of luck fishing walleye, and bass, and sunnies. Head towards the narrows, In between the islands, and just n.e. of the islands in the bay, towards evening.

Good luck!

It's been a while since I fished it and then only through the ice but almost all our walleyes have come late at night. There's wasn't any one specific spot that stood out, the mouth of Sioux Creek was usually pretty good. Just south of that there's a bay (can't think of the name of it) but the mouth of that was decent too. I'd say just find some structure or weeds and fish it late and you should do okay.