• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV electric start problem

blakjack23

Hi everyone. I have a 1989 Big Bear 350 and my electric start had been working fine until a month ago when I brought my wheeler to a car wash and sprayed it down. Now all it does is click a bunch of times. It sounds like the clicking is coming from the starter relay assembly by the battery. Is this what I would need to replace to get this working again or is there something else I should look for???

Thanks, Alex

My 2000 big bear 400 did the same thing. I checked the relay and battery and all were good. I jumped the relay and still nothing.

I took the starter off and the brushes were pretty much junk. I replaced them and all is good.

My problem didn't start when anything was wet. However, if the wheeler was hot the problem was there.