• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm planing a trip to the Black Hills. I'ld like to find a "camper cabin" to cut down on the amount of gear I need to bring. Bigger, "known" campgrounds would be OK, but unkown out-of-the-way cabins/campgrounds would sure be worth knowing about. Also horseback riding on-site or nearby would be a plus.

Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks.

rascal

Rascal,

My family and I just got back a couple weeks ago from our BlackHills vacation. We stayed at the Custer/Mt.Rushmore KOA that is on the west side of Custer, S.D. 4 of us stayed in a small Kamper Cabin and we were happy. It was a little crowded, but other than that it was fine. A friend of mine stayed at the Palmer Gulch KOA and that's only 5 minutes from Mt. Rushmore. They also had a bus that went up to the monument at dark for the nightly lighting. As far as horseback riding, I can't help you there. We got a SD travel guide packet and that had tons of info in it. Just go to travelsd (Contact Us Please) com and request one. Early mornings and late evenings are the best time for wildlife viewing in Custer State Park. So much to do in that area and never enough time. We're definitely planning on going back again.

Brian