• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mariner Problem

fishman40

I have an older stratos v-169 bass boat with a 90 mariner I want to get running for a buddy that has never had a boat before. The problem is that I was out on the lake I jetted over to the spot and we fished for a few hours then decided to head in and started and took off fine afert about 2 minutes it died while going full throttle. Since then It starts and idles fine and if I put the water mufflers it revs right up. But when I put the boat in the water I can't get over 1/4 throttle. I tried a seperate gas tank it didn't help all the cyl have between 120 and 130 lbs of compression il 6cyl. any one seen this before I think my next focus is the fuel pump.

Fishman40

Have you changed the fuel filter lately? Also check fuel hose connections for leaks. These are the usual culprets to the symptoms you described. Could also be the fuel pump as well.

I had a '92 Mariner 75hp that had a similar problem. There are two things it may be. Both are cheap fixes. One is change the impulse line from the engine block to the fuel pump. It's a 2-3 inch rubber hose. The other is rebuild the fuel pump.