• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cedar Bedding

DrJ

I have a 5 month old lab that started sleeping out in the kennel about 1 month ago. Last night I came home late and when he came out his eyes were really droopy and red on the lower lid. I asked the vet about his pink lower eye lid at his 16 week chrck up and he said it's pretty normal for a lab. He slept in the rest of the night and eyes seem much better. Is he allergic to the cedar bedding? Any suggestions for another bedding. Still chews way to much for a pad or blanket. Thanks for any info you might have. DrJ

Does he try to chew everything? My springer has had the same blanket in his kennel since I got him. I say try a cheap blanket or something to test him. We had an old comforter from our bed and thats his kennel pad now. He's never torn, chewed or even had an accident on it. Usually if its part of their "bed" it becomes something safe.

my lab has the same thing and so did my mom and dads lab. i seams pretty normal, it just one of those thing when they just wake up or dozing in an out, if you start to see it all the time then i would worry. if you see it all the time then i would change its blankets ect..

Jason

I am by no means trying to be an expert but I was told by a friend of mine who has owned alot of hunting dogs that dogs are allergic to ceder? Just a thought.

i have a 5 month old lab. the droppy lower lid is usual. Duke, my lab, has had this since around 7 weeks, vet said they grow into them.

As for the bed, Duke is sleeping on a cedar filled bed right now, and is making me jelous, but i have never seen a problem with him and it.