• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

leaning runabout...

lawdog

My dad has a 1990 (I think) 2050 Bayliner Runabout with a Merc Cruiser I/O V-6. The boat has really gotten to leaning real bad away from the driver's side, to the point where we really need to have at least one more person on the driver's side for it to ride fairly level. Sharp turns really can't be made anymore either as the boat really feels tippy.

I'm assuming some sort of internal baffling has broke loose somehow, and I'm wondering if this is repairable or what the story is? ANY IDEAS/INFO???

One other question, how safe is this boat in this condition???

definitely while driving, I can't say as I recall it doing it too bad while sitting still, although I know when we go to raise the lift up it will try to tilt that way, although I've never been sure they set up the lift cradle quite right either.

This is what trim tabs normally look like, one on each side of the transom.

m80-120.jpg

If the boat does have them, I'm sure someone will be able to help you out in figuring out whats wrong with them.

Thanks, I will definitely have to look at the boat this weekend. I really don't remember seeing those on there before though...

What if I DON'T have trim tabs????

Do yourself a favor and leave this boat on the beach. If it is leaning that far you are operating a dangerous vessel. Please do yourself and your family a BIG favor and quit using it until you (a) understand more about boats and (B) resolve the obvious problem with this boat.

Just trying to be helpful and maybe keep the boating statistics down. wink.gif