• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

kodiak engine noise?

jtm

I picked up another wheeler 1-2 monthes ago[02 kodiak 400]. this machine seems loud! I'm used to riding hondas so is this normal for yamaha? It only has about 900 miles so engine shouldn't have any problems. Owners manual says to have valve clearence checked periodically, could this be it,and how much might it cost to have it done? Any info would be apreciated, thanks!

What kinda of noise is it, is it tinny, a ticking noise, rattle, deep rattle? When does it do it, idle off idle accell? Cold, hot, all the time? Did it just star making the noise, or did it since you have owned it?

I have noticed on my grizzly the engine is a little noisier on the right side where the clutch is, compared to a rincon.

It mostly makes a tinging noise when you accellerate. and it does it all the time. it is noticably louder than my honda. It doesnt sound like the clutch. And it has done it since I got it. I'm hoping it is a normal yamaha thing.

I do think the kodiak is louder then the honda, I dont think you have anything to worry about. Adjusting valves is something that should be done though. If you bring it in to a dealer, they will gladly drive it and let you know , if it is an abnormal noise.