• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar FL18 or Marcum LX-3

Ive been lookin to replace my fl 8 with something new.
Has anyone used the marcum?
Any info on this would be great!!!
HAVE FUN & FISH-ON!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Clam sleeper,Fishtrapp,5x8 hardside, 660 Grizz

I assume it should be great, the thorne brothers were partial owners of Zercom which sold out to Hummingbird, they then became marcum technologies, if you know anybody who had a color point, this could only be better and improved, I wish someone would give me one to test!

I talked to Paul Thorne and his partner about the Marcum LX3 at the last Distributor Show in St. Cloud last week and it is going to be one powerful unit. These guys are very technical and have all their ducks in a row. I was very impressed with the technology. They seem to be doing their homework. Also with their underwater cameras. What I was told is the Marcum LX3 is more powerful than the Vexilar Fl18. Is this going to create problems for your buddies that are using a Vexilar next to your LX3? Very well could be. But if you then had a LX3 you wouldn't have to worry about other brands fishing close to you. I also am waiting to try one out! ICE IS COMING!!!!!

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

Its not so much the power that would be the concern, but more if the Marcum is running on the same freqency as the Vex. Iam not so sure you need much more power out of a flasher unless your fishing Lakers in deep water. The FL-18 is an awesome unit. Iam not sure i would jump on the Marcum the first year but would sure like to see it in action.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

The only people that I know of who tested them are the creators last winter on late ice. I'm sure they aren't on the same frequency as the Vexilar. I love my FL18 but these do look good. ICE ICE ICE

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

I think my FL-18 is all a person could ask for. Power comes to play with depth. In fact, I use the low power setting much of the time in water less than 20 feet. And you can't ask much more for defination. I think the FL-18 is going to set the standard for a long time to come smile.gif

And speaking of coming - come on ice!!!

You will not be dissapointed with the FL-18. Even my wife catches more fish with an Fl-18. I upgraded first but it didn't take her long to ditch her Fl-8 for the new technology. Scott Steil

Why take a chance that's why I use both the FL-8 and my Colorpoint. My Fl-8 is my bluegill/crappies unit 0-15' depth and over 15' depth the colorpoint blows away the vexilar on those ground hugging walleyes and perch. The colorpoint over powers water under 15' that is the down side. The vex can be finely tuned in shallow water and the colorpoint gives me the full picture in deep plus the colorpoints display has always been better. So don't take a chance if you can find a point to go with your vex, you got em covered.

Who needs more power than the FL-18??? Guess I just had a VERY bad experience with Zercom's "customer service" policy. . .
Vexilar just seems to be the kind of company that others should strive to be!