• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fight Night!

jltimm

Talk about weird stuff! Maynard knocking himself out and Manny having his shoulder come unglued. I think that will pretty much put the kibosh on his MMA future as this isn't the first time it has happened...his opponents are going to start going after that arm. Promoters might be hesitant to sign him to fight because of that? I think he would have gotten Diaz had he not came apart.

Man that whole show was a good one tonight...Penn really gave it to Pulvers and choked him a little extra after he tapped! I didn't think that Jens was as eloquent as he showed himself to be? The guy can take a pounding, no doubt! Penn made it look easy. I wonder how much them dudes get paid for that?

I think Diaz would have still won that fight as most of his other fights, he gets stronger and sharper as the fight goes on.He has unbelievable submission skills,is really flexible, and is a tough s.o.b. I knew BJ would beat Pulver, although Pulver is a tough s.o.b. also! B.J. gave Matt Hughes and St. Pierre all they could handle.Gray Maynard won his fight also, but the judges ruled it a no contest. That was just a terrible call! The UFC wouldn't even allow Nates brother Nick to be in the locker room, or in his corner? It was good to see Nate mention this, as I was wondering where Nick was in such a big fight.

Yeah those were some fun fights to watch. I was pulling for Jens but oh well he got worked. I did like the way Penn Choked Jens a little bit after he tapped out. laugh.gif

What was the story about nick not being able to be there?

I guess after he Nick Diaz) beat Prides champion in a non-title bout he tested positive for pot.Now he's doing the 6 month suspension time for it.It's part of the fighting organizations rules so the UFC enforces this also.This is what I've heard.

JLT...Did you catch the Hatton fight the other night? He was the underdog and knocked the bigger and supposedly tougher Mexican fighter out with a body shot...As Rosanna Rosanna Danna once said, "It just goes to show...you never can tell!"

That was a pretty decent night of fights.

Nate Quarry vs Pete Sell was pretty good.

Nate Diaz fight was awesome and technical.

Chris Leban... Wow! That was a great finish! I'm pretty sure he wasn't seeing straight when he walked in and started throwing fists. Bam! I've never liked Leban but he seamed like a new fighter- dropped some weight, style changed a bit, seamed a little more mature.

Kenny Florian and Din Thomas was great too!

Lieben got his bell rung but still won the match. He talked about his heavy hands? I guess I really didn't see him drop too many bombs.

How 'bout the rain of hammers that Florian threw? I didn't see Thomas' knee blow out untill the replay. Is that why he didn't fight back and just covered up?

I thought Sell was gonna eat Quarry's lunch! It looked like he didn't have anything left and when he took that wicked punch to the jaw that dropped him, I could hear snippets of 'Turn out the lights, the parties over'! Man, that guy took an RPG right on the jaw and didn't go out.

On the other hand, those little seemingly soft punches must have been harder then what they looked? He softened Sell up and delivered the hammers right on time!

But, with the manufactured disc and as many punches as he takes, at 35 years old, although he is tough and can bring it, he probably should look into a new vocation before he gets permanently damaged!

Leban mature? He might be something, but with the painted toenails and fingernails and tats from the last time I seen him get his butt kicked by Silva, I don't know about mature? I bet he would still pee in someone elses bed without giving it a thought!

I haven't like that big head from jump and it doesn't bother me a bit when he gets dusted...but I will give the guy credit, he is definately a fighter!

You are right though, a very good night at the fights and to make it even better....FREE! grin.gif

Quote:

Yeah, Din Thomas didn't want to quit like most fighters, but with a injury like that what could he have done against such a good fighter?

He could have pulled the Crane Technique... Karate Kid Style. grin.gif

That looked like it hurt when they ran the replay in slow mo. Ouch!

No Dan, no? Weren't you aware at the start of the matches that they had turned the air conditioning on? He covered up because he was cold! So very cold, brrrrr! Did you see his feet when he went down?

One of his feet was pointed forward and one was pointed backwards! His leg really got whacked! He could walk in two directions at the same time and never go anywhere!

When they helped him out of the cage, his one leg was about a foot longer then the other one and limp as a noodle! Gonna be awhile before he fights again!