• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A singing loon

I had excursion clients out today, and we lucked into some sweet loon images. Sort of like lucking into a great walleye bite. grin.gif

Here's one of them from this evening in sweet light.

Canon 30D, Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso400, 1/1600, f8, evaluative metering, handheld

loon-calls.jpg

Yes, Bill, your are of course correct. And I have many images of the loon with green in the neck and head, but the ones with its bill at its widest opening have no green. Perfection IS elusive, isn't it? grin.gif

For me, it's always rewarding. There's no such thing as the perfect shot, though a person can, through diligence, knowledge and patience, come close now and then. Sure is a great time trying, though. I expect to spend the rest of my life working on it. I can think of worse ways to spend a life. grin.gif