• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RedTop video

Roofer

Quote:

just asking no big deal if we loose the trail?

Dave,

this quote seems as if it were more than an inquiry, hence the defensive posts.

We understand which waterhole jake was talking about. I made the intial reference to the sinkhole, which in turn has corrupted the intial message that jake was trying to imply. For that I apologize.

The waterhole that is in the pics also has a solid rock bottom, similar to the current sinkhole.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed the atv club and questioned what we did, to see if we were in the wrong, or if it is ok to ride in these holes.

jake,

by no means take any offense from us, we are just defending our beliefs. If we were in the wrong I assure you none of us will ride these holes again. I dont want you to think we are bad people tearing up the trails, we are not.

I am awaiting a reply from the club, when I get it I will post my findings.

Dave, I can't seem to send email for some darn reason. I am a moderator at another site also. You should have your PM available. You can delete this when you read it.

LEP, I deleted the video. I will send them through email from now on.

Just to let you know if the waterhole at the end was illegal I would have gotten a ticket there last year. Sheriff/Game warden drove past when I was playing around in there. He stopped, watched me get wet, laughed and kept going. I'm almost 100% positive they fixed that hole up a couple years ago because it used to be a lot harder to cross.

i am sorry for the way i came across at first .that was my bad .that being said you are correct more and better markers should be out there and it has been put at the top of the list .witch e-mail address did you send you mail for the club?

I think this "situation" has been corrected and after checking into it, there wasn't any illegal riding going on at this get together. That's why it's important to try and communicate carefully on here. It was nice of you guys to act pretty civil about it. Thanks.

Some of you guys have an email from me.

On a side note,

some other memorable things that I noticed while on this ride were:

1) The guy with the 2 huskies on the back of his Kodiak.........wait a minute, that didn't sound right grin.gifblush.gif. On the back of his wheeler. (He had a Yamaha). The same guy who came flying around a corner on my side of the trail doing at least 30 mph narrowly missing me by 6 inches.

Knowing me, I was more concerned for the dogs.

2) The kid who literally had a coffee can muffler with the "Folgers" sticker glued to the front of his machine. Not exactly a spark arrested exhaust.

I don't remember guys, was he wearing his pants half way down his arse???? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Maybe his helmet tipped off to the side????? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifDid he bob his head like a chicken when he walked??? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

"You might be a Redneck if................"

3) As Roofer mentioned, the guy who was out there with the totally decked out Rhino (Class 2 machine on a Class 1 trail) not to mention a couple other obvious infractions. After a brief discussion to see the personality, it was clear that he wasn't going to be told otherwise. I left it at that.

I can see Redtop being opened to Class 2 machines next year.

4) The number of groups who had kids riding on 90cc or less machines.

This is a huge positive promotion for the sport by getting kids involved. I was also impressed by how they kept the kids in between the larger machines for safety from oncoming traffic.

Overall, I had a great time. I hope those who weren't able to make this ride, can make the Nemadji trip.

Them were some good memories,

but to look beyond them, and to look at the hidden ones.

Monica, ( my 13 year old daughter, told me that this was the best ride she ever had! Asking when is our next trip! (being a teenager, I know our quality hours are numbered)

Meeting and having alot of fun with fellow fmers for the first time, "awsome"! Thanks again Dave!

Looking forward to the next time. Making plans to do things that are fun, is what life is about!

Its just to bad, that all of these great memories have to be frowned apon be the ones that dont understand confused.gif.

Good points guys. It was realy my fault because of showing we had a good time. Obviously it is easier to do what you want and have fun if you don't tell anyone. I will be keeping to myself from now on.

Quote:

the last part of you video was taken up by gate 7 . arent those signs saying stay on the trails? just asking no big deal if we loose the trail?

I said I was going to post my findings and here they are!

To answer your questions about Red Top. The water hole on the video

was only a concern because of the "sign" in the picture. The sign

gives the "appearance" that you are riding off trail some where you

should not. But good news. We have spoken to Bob Kankus who is with

Aitkin County Land Dept. and is the sponsor for the Red Top Loop. The

signs that are there are going to come down and be repositioned. You

are correct about this being a hard bottom. It is not a wetland but a

backup caused by a beaver dam. As of now this is surely an unofficial

play area. There are several other areas you mention that will also

stay play areas. Areas that should not be will posted and closed off.

George Radke

Drift Skippers ATV Trail Coordinator

h 651-462-1933

c 651-303-7897

The questions are about the sink hole, and another water hole , I was

told by gate 7, none of our group seen any signs saying we could not go

in these spots to play in the water. Both spots arent marked to stay

out. And they are known spots to play in, with gravel bottoms.

My question is were we in the wrong for riding in these water holes? If

so we didnt know, but want to know for sure for future reference. Thank

you!

I heard this news a few weeks ago, but did not post. I was hoping the people behind this would show their face and admit they were wrong, but I guess not. Where is big bad jakewild now?????? Just came to cause trouble in a good community you guys have here.

I posted my findings and was still not trusted.

Preddyfast, sorry, I deleted the video from the net and it's too big of a file to email. I'm worried to post anything now, because some people just lurk around and ridicule behind our backs. It's not fair and I have to say rather immature.