• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Prop for a Minn Kota trolling motor

Legit84

I just bought a new 55 lb bow mount Minn Kota Trolling motor for this fishing season, and the prop that came with it (The Weedless Wedge 2) is pure garbage. I'm a bass fisherman....I need something that is going to slice right thru the weeds for me. Also, there's a small space after the prop is on, and I have to keep pulling the prop off after every fishing trip to clean the weeds out from inside it. So whats the best weedless prop?

Sounds like the prop isn't fitted right? I have the same model and haven't had any problems except really fine stuff like fishing line and that sort getting pulled in side the prop. Are their rough edges on the prop? That may cause the weeds to get stuck?

Quote:

Sounds like the prop isn't fitted right? I have the same model and haven't had any problems except really fine stuff like fishing line and that sort getting pulled in side the prop. Are their rough edges on the prop? That may cause the weeds to get stuck?

No rough edges, The prop is in new condition. There is a 1/8th inch gap between the prop and motor where the weeds get in. I'm constantly having to pull the motor up out of the water and clear the weeds off of it. I still have the receipt, So I might pull it off the boat and bring it back to Cabelas.

If you bought it in the bargain cave-definitely bring it back. I bought one there a while back with Co-Pilot and the thing shorted out and the prop shaft was bent so the prop would wobble back and forth...what a piece of dump!

Hey Musky...that's why they call it the Bargain Cave. The new units, in perfect conition, with full warranty, are in another part of the store.

I run three different Minnkottas and don't have the problem being discussed. Sure...sometimes I get a load of weeds but most of the time they work themselves off. Very seldom do I get bogged down. If you're gonna be a REAL bass fishin' guy you gotta get used to weeds! grin.gif