• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Safe ICE

slick2526

I'm hoping that Lip RIPPER is right. Thanksgiving would be awesome. I'm guessing the first or second week of December in Twin Cities.
Good Fishin, Matt.

About 3 out of every 5 years, I can get out on the lake I live on (South Turtle) near Fergus Falls by Thanksgiving.

That tides me over until I can get out onto Otter tail.

Last year I was able to walk out from Graystone to the first breakline around the second or third week of December.

We hit the south east side of Clitherall pretty early last year as well. Much of the lake was still open, but we had 3 inches of good clear ice where we were at when we started fishing. It was above freezing that day, and we lost nearly an inch of ice in the four hours we were there. Looking back now, we probably should not have been out there. We were all close to shore, we all had ice picks, and we all had throw ropes just in case one of us took a bath. I did not have the stomach to go back and try it again the next day.