• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Okposo Staying!!!!!!!!

fishing tech

Quote:

Yah I think No Dak will be tough too. And most freshmen tail off in the second half, especially if they go to the world Jr championships in December.

... and especially when they lose the nations assist leader midway through the year

what's with all the negatives? He was a freshman last year who put up good numbers, so why the put downs? I guess some of you think there is no time for development, it's kind of sad. I would hate to be your child. I personally am very happy he's staying. He's a great player that will help the gophs.

Man was Okposo impressive in the first half of last year! He made some plays as a freshman that most seniors couldn't dream of making. Anyone remember the Mankato State play? Teams were adjusting to him in the second half of last year and thus his lower #'s. If they keep some talent on his line, he should be a beast next year.

And I agree that ND is the team to beat next year, but the Goph's should make it interesting through the regular season.

I AGREE OKPOSO SHOULD BE A DOMINATE FORCE IN THE WCHA HE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION TO STAY AND I THINK HIS STOCK WILL RISE TREMENDOULSY FOR HIS DECISION TO STAY. ND IS GOING TO BE GOOD NEXT YEAR THO' THAT VANDEVELDE KID IS GOING TO BE A STUD

It is on the Gopher hockey HSOforum. Lucia announced it.

Courtesy: University of Minnesota

http://gophersports.com/

University of Minnesota men’s hockey head coach Don Lucia announced today that center Mike Carman (Apple Valley, Minn.) will not compete with the Golden Gophers for the first semester of the 2007-08 season. Carman, a freshman in 2006-07, will rejoin the Maroon and Gold at the 17th Annual Dodge Holiday Classic on Dec. 29-30, 2007.

Although he did try to do too much with the puck at times, I think Okposo was our best offensive threat last year. He's got size and skills, he just needs to learn when to use them. It's going to hurt to lose Carman for the first half of the season. I loved watching him and the whole third line out-hustle opposing lines.

About the Mankato state play...........

He was lucky it went in. The goalie could have had it with the glove, but was too fast and missed it. Plus he was going top shelf and only got the puck a foot and a half off the ice!

I dunno. I still say it was the prettiest play I saw all year, and in my top 5 overall. Okay, maybe the shot by Wheeler in the playoffs also, but that was really lucky. That Okposo kid can really play and just ran out of gas after the world juniors.

I'm not a gopher fan either (UMD faithful), but am excited that he's coming back next year so I can watch him on the telecasts.

he does have talent, no question about that. he just got lucky on that particular goal. i hope he will just deke the goalie without doing the stick through the legs, cuz next time it will be poke checked and he will look dumb.

OK I can't beleive all you MN boys picking ND. All I can say is lets go GOPHERS. You should come to a game in Grand Forks and see what its like to wear Gophers colors to work and to the games, its a blast.

Talent.....Don't get that confused with luck. To be able to do that he must have PRACTICED it many many times, and then to break it out in a game......unbelievable.

Only downside is now all my 8-10 year old kids are messing around with stuff like that.