• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SmartCraft Technology?

JDM

Does anyone have the SmartCraft technology for their Mercury motor? I am looking for some feedback about the benefits of adding one to my boat. My goal would be to lower my RPM's for trolling. How much do they cost?

Thanks!

I have the basic SmartCraft Monitor that was included with my 175 Opti. It's their basic model but I really like the info and warnings you get from it.

To adjust rpms I think you need the SmartCraft Tach. I've never used one but have heard great things about them. My 175 Opti idles at 550 rpms but I don't troll with it (well, maybe once in a while just for fun grin.gif ). I'm not sure what you can turn them down to with a SmartCraft tach. I think when I bought my boat it was about an $800 upgrade to get into the gauges (vs. the monitor).

I Have it! It lets me troll my 150 Verado down too 550 rpms!

Speed varies due to conditions! But overall is great! Dont know the cost as it was part of a package! Other options i like is the info i can get. Fuel used,gal per hour,( not good at full tilt) engine monitoring, temp,rpm,oil pres,water pres, over all glad i have it!

I have it on my 200 HP Verado and it provides some pretty good information as "Try to Fish" stated in the above post. I do use the big motor in windy conditions for trolling crankbaits and it's great for that. Also I was able to see that by dropping back from 57 MPH and full throttle to 40 MPH I use half the gas. With the cost of gas these days that's good information when going on some long distance outings.