• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Moccasin Flower" (pics)

The rains subsided for awhile this morning and the sun actually peaked out for a "tat"...of course I took advantage of it grin.gif...I was in a foot of water in a spruce bog to get these images of the moccasin flower(stemless lady slipper) and the skeeters were starting to swarm grin.gif

Frame_DSCF3601-1.JPG

Frame_DSCF7659-6.jpg

Frame_DSCF7665-2copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF3604-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF3627-2copy.jpg

Third one's the charm for me too, Jonny. I was out with excursion clients yesterday, and all the ones up here we could find were the deeper purple, signifying they were just at their prime and about to decline. I didn't see any of the younger, paler blooms like most of yours. Same thing today, when I was out in a different direction from Ely. Almost all I have are the dark older blooms, and I'd like to get more of those pale ones. Could be I missed it for this year. We'll see. grin.gif

thanks guys!...Steve, the blooms are only 1 or 2 days old...I've been watching about 4-5 clusters of these slippers for about a week or so...some have yet to fully open...I also noticed that in this particular area that there aren't as many blooms as last year...last year there must have been 50-60 blooms in a hundred foot area...so far maybe 15 or so blooms same area...one of my favorites in the flower world grin.gif

same cluster of blooms about 2 days ago...

Frame_DSCF7637-2.JPG